|< Prev||Next >|
Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce
We were invited to participate in a logo development contest when the Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce became the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce. The goal was to brand them as the premiere catalyst for developing the greater Dulles region into the "Economic Center of the Future."
The logo was chosen by committee from among many submissions. The comittee agreed with our proposal to use Saarinen's distinctive airport building as an appropriate icon for the Dulles region. The final mark shows the upwards sweep of the roof line from the side, conveying an anticipated curve of growth and opportunity.
In a move to give the membership better access to all of the opportunities and resources they offer, the decision was made to redesign the web site and implement a content management system. D Banzon Design partnered with Katalyst Solutions to deliver a more robust site built using Joomla.
After mutliple information gathering sessions, we proposed a solution that can be implemented in phases. Following are just a few of the features included in the first phase:
- Improved navigation with a quicklinks drop-down section, directory search and site search.
- Greater ability to post and manage event information, upload images, video, and documents, and add and expand information and sections.
- A web banner advertising component allowing staff to manage and track impressions and click-thrus.
- The Events Calendar has filtering capability allowing it to be searched in multiple ways and has integrated online registration.
- A resources section providing links by category and ability to track hits to each link.
- And much more...